Related Sites and Useful Links
Defense Hearing Center of Excellence (HCE)
- Original articles
- Research and grants administration/management resources
- Guidance on federal and agency-specific research and development policies
- Clinical practices guideline listing
- A hearing health blog
- Aggregate stream of hearing health-related news
- Subscribe to our Email Updates to receive monthly updates on HCE happenings.
- Like them on Facebook
DoD Hearing Conservation Resources
- The Navy Environmental Health Center
- The Defense Occupational Environmental Health Readiness System-Data Registry (DOEHRS-DR)
- The Department of Veterans Affairs Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center (DALC)
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- NIOSH Science Blog on Workplace Hearing Loss
- The DoD Dictionary of Military Terms
- The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) provides a method to obtain DD Form 214 and other forms related to military service.
- TRICARE Computer/Electronic Accomodations Program
- Protect Your Ears: A Prevention Guide to Hearing Loss Reminders on safe listening with headphones.
- OSHA Hearing Loss Flowchart to help determine reportable STS.
- The Dangerous Decibels project is designed to reduce the incidence on Noise-Induced Hearing Loss by changing knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of school-aged children.
- Deafening Sounds is arguably the finest media presentation on noise-induced hearing loss and the role which audiologists and other hearing conservationists play in educating the public. (Non-Flash version)
- The OSHA Revised Recordkeeping Rule
- The National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA)
- The Noise Center of the League for the Hard of Hearing.
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC). The 4th Edition of The Hearing Conservation Manual is now available.
- The Audiology Awareness Campaign wants to educate the public about the profession of audiology.
- Audiology Resources is an international website for professionals in audiology and related fields.
- The American Academy of Audiology
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- The Audiology Foundation of America lists Distance-Learning Comparisons for the AuD.
- The Listen-Up Web Page is also a huge site which specializes in information for people with hearing loss. Lots of information and resources for parents and hearing impaired children. There’s also a section devoted to military resources emphasizing military families and hearing impaired children.
- HealthLinks.net is a huge portal site with thousands of keyword-searchable links to help people locate medical and healthcare information.