The entries on this site are archived by date. You are looking at our 2012 entry archives at the moment. Content on this page is shown in chronological order, with the most recent entries first. For a complete list of the archived entries on this site, check out our site map and search page.
The Gaylord Opryland Resort & Convention Center is the Host Hotel for this year’s JDVAC conference.
Audiometers that are network database compatible are increasingly the audiometer of choice for large organizations with multiple locations and multi-user data sharing requirements.
NBC News article on the silent injury of hearing loss and tinnitus.
The Executive and Education Committees of the Association of VA Audiologists and the Military Audiology Association would like to cordially invite you to the 2013 joint meeting of the associations to be held on February 25-27, 2013, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, TN.
In a recently-released video, career military health professional and the HCE’s Interim Director, Col(s) Mark Packer, M.D., answers the questions, “What is the Hearing Center of Excellence?” and “Why Is It Important?”
Now advertising for an audiologist with the Department of Navy located at Pearl Harbor, HI.
Duties include and not limited to the following:
• Organizing audiology services including the hearing conservation program in an audiology clinic.
• Assessing hearing and communicative function by using modern diagnostic audiology techniques.
• Teaching courses to certify others to become audiometric/hearing conservation technicians.
• Eliminating or minimizing fraud, waste, abuse, mismanagement and/or unfavorable public opinion from the work place.
• Training hearing conservation personnel in techniques of hearing assessment, calibration and noise measurement in both formal session and on-the-job training situations.