Congratulations to Capt David Pederson of Keesler AFB, MS, and to Capt Jennifer Davis of Sheppard AFB, TX, on the award of CRS.
Outstanding Audiologist/Speech Pathologist of the Year 2002
Congratulations to Maj Tressie Waldo of MacDill AFB, for winning the award for the 2002 year!
Retirements and Separations
Congratulations to Col Beth Cargo on her retirement!
Welcome to 1Lt Jennifer J. Jones from Bellevue, Nebraska. She writes: “I completed my undergraduate and graduate degree in audiology at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. Most of my family lives in Nebraska in the Omaha metro area. Some of my hobbies include reading, watching movies, running, and just hanging out with friends. I joined the Air Force because of the opportunity to receive a broad CFY experience, travel, and to be given many opportunities to learn new things. So far I have enjoyed working with the staff audiologists at Wilford Hall and look forward to meeting other Air Force audiologists in the upcoming months.”
Welcome to 1Lt Robert Noble; originally from Midland, TX. He writes: “I attended The University of Texas for my bachelor’s degree and the University of North Texas for my Master’s. I worked as a staff audiologist in a private practice from 2001–2003 and am now the Chief of Audiology at Scott AFB, IL. I’ve been married for over two years, have two dogs and enjoy live music, traveling, and reading in my spare time.
Welcome to 1Lt Melissa Salzer who is also working on her CFY at Wilford Hall, Lackland AFB, TX.
On the move…
- Col Dave Wirth from Andrews AFB, MD, to Wright–Patterson AFB, OH.
- Capt Jeff Wisneski from Lackland AFB, TX, to USAFA, CO.
- Maj Karen Agres from Langley AFB, VA, to Brooks City–Base, TX.
- LtCol Carolyn Bennett from Hill AFB, UT, to Langley AFB, TX.
- Maj Stepehen Steele from Lackland AFB, TX, to Wright–Patterson AFB, OH.
- Maj Tressie Waldo from Wright–Patterson AFB, OH, to MacDill AFB, FL.
- Capt Dean Hudson from Lackland, AFB, TX, to AFIT PhD program, Ohio State University, OH.
- Maj Joe Narrigan from Bolling AFB, DC, to Andrews AFB, MD.
- 1Lt Shannon Dettle from Lackland AFB, TX, to Yokota AB, JP.
- 1Lt Kwame’ Curtis from Lackland AFB, TX, to Offutt AFB, NE.
- Maj Rob Pluta from Offutt AFB, NE, to Brooks City–Base, TX.
- Maj Brien Weston from Tinker AFB, OK, to Lakenheath AB, UK.
- Capt Virginia Hays from Lakenheath AB, UK, to Tinker AFB, OK.
L to R: Maj Bob Eppens, 1Lt Melissa Salzer, Capt Sara Autrey, 1Lt Jennifer Jones, 1Lt Shannon Dettle, 1Lt Jeff Graley at a education event, Sep 2003.
LtCol Janet Deltuva (CCC-SLP) was chosen as the only medic to attend the Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF). She is now a Squadron Commander at Kunsan AB and will be returning next year (2004) for this extremely prestigious Professional Military Education (PME) opportunity.