Related Sites and Useful Links
National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA) Position Paper
DOD Hearing Conservation Resources
- The Defense Occupational Environmental Health Readiness System-Data Registry (DOEHRS-DR)
- The Department of Veterans Affairs Denver Acquisition and Logistics Center (DALC)
- The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- NIOSH Science Blog on Workplace Hearing Loss
- The DoD Dictionary of Military Terms
- The National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) provides a method to obtain DD Form 214 and other forms related to military service.
- TRICARE Computer/Electronic Accomodations Program
- OSHA Hearing Loss Flowchart to help determine reportable STS.
- The Dangerous Decibels project is designed to reduce the incidence on Noise-Induced Hearing Loss by changing knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors of school-aged children.
- The National Hearing Conservation Association (NHCA)
- The Noise Center of the League for the Hard of Hearing.
- Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation (CAOHC).
- The Audiology Awareness Campaign wants to educate the public about the profession of audiology.
- Audiology Resources is an international website for professionals in audiology and related fields.
- The American Academy of Audiology
- The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- The Audiology Foundation of America lists Distance-Learning Comparisons for the AuD.
- The Listen-Up Web Page is also a huge site which specializes in information for people with hearing loss. Lots of information and resources for parents and hearing impaired children. There’s also a section devoted to military resources emphasizing military families and hearing impaired children.
- HealthLinks.net is a huge portal site with thousands of keyword-searchable links to help people locate medical and healthcare information.